Sunday, April 19, 2015

SPRING HAS COME TO DENMARK (well, almost) (uge 36, 37 & 38)

Guess who's back back back, back again, I am back back back, back again! :) 

Okaaaay, soooooo I've not written a blogpost for a few weeks... Reason? I'm lazy. Hehe. Because actually, I had a few quite exciting weeks! So let's get to it! 

Week 36: Easter break!

Yaaaas, FINALLY break! I think we all needed it :) We left on Sunday March 29th, after my last gymnastics recital, to Søndervig. Which is a tiny little town at the west coast of Jutland. Well that's a picture of me during the last recital at BGI. I wish I could, in one way or another, thank all of SpRytme for this year, because it most certainly made my experience in Denmark a lot better! Some of them even said they will miss me next season :( and they hope to hear someday that a "belgian started a danish gymnastics club in Belgium" haha. Not that that's ever going to happen. 

Silje! 
But after some driving, and picking up Annette (my aunt), we arrived at the HUGE vacation house we were going to spend break at. And by HUGE, I mean HUGE. There were 2x2 bedrooms and 2x4, plus a divan. So that makes 10 beds... Talking about luxury, there was a swimming pool, a sauna and a bubble bath inside and a hot tub outside! We needed that much space though, because the whole family came. Well not all at one time though. I don't exactly remember who came when, but Andreas and Sascha came with their kids, Mikael and Martin came (cousins) together with Line and Mette, and Mathias and Mette came as well. So we were a bunch of people! But it was a lot of fun though! We went for walks, played games, laid outside in the sun, read books, went to Ringkøbing, etc. 

A series of pictures (read description):


This is Søndervig, a town with A LOT of vacation houses... 

The cutest little Vigga, who is always happy to see me! 

We went to Ringkøbing, where they had easter eggs in the trees, haha. 

The weather was soooo good! Except for Tuesday, when it snowed... #Denmark

I baked kanelsnegle with Annette (cinnamon buns)

The west coast... 
 

Okay this last picture needs a bit more information than a description. Danes love their flag. They will hoist their flag for any occasion. A birthday, a national celebration day, if people come to visit, if they have something to celebrate or in this case, if they are in their vacation house. A lot of people have a flag pole in their backyard. Like a lot... Haha. We don't have one here at home, but we do have one at our vacation house. I think it's very nice to walk around and see houses who have their flag hoisted. It gives me a feeling of safety and it reminds me I'm in Denmark... Haha! 

When we got back on Easter, Mathias really really wanted to eat tartar, but we couldn't find it anywhere, so we decided to make our own. It looks disgusting but it tasted GREAT! Besides that, we didn't really do anything special on Easter. 
Week 37: a short week at school AND REGITZE CAME 
A short week of school means that I don't remember a lot. There were a lot of classes cancelled though. So that might've been why (EW THERE WAS A BUG ON MY KEYBOARD, I'm sorry). I think I stayed after school once or twice to finish an assignment, but that's it. That's where we took this flattering picture. I look great. Thanks. 
Thursday was an exciting day though, because Signe (my host sister) won a price! CONGRATS SIGNE! She won a price for being a good scout and a lot of other things. She deserved that! So we had to go pick up the price! We got to dress semi-fancy, me likey. 


Also, before I move on to the exciting weekend, THE WEATHER WAS SO GOOD! Like honestly, it was so good! 

Buuut on Friday evening, REGITZE CAAAAME! Woopwoop! Friday we didn't do much, we had a lot of catching up to do, but on Saturday we went for a looong walk in Vejle, since she had never been there and I wanted to show her where I live! We had a great time together and we had a sad moment when she had to leave on Sunday, but yeah that's life I guess... BUT ENJOY SOME PICTURES OF A COPENHAGEN GIRL IN A "LITTLE" JUTLAND CITY (photocredit to RNM):








Oh I look great in that last picture.... Hahaha, we also took a selfie (well we took multiple, but here you get two): 




No, but we did have a great time :) 

Week 38: VERY VERY busy week 

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were actually quite normal days at school. Well on Monday we had 5 periods instead of the normal 4. 
On Tuesday evening, quite exciting, I had to do one of those presentations again, just like I did somewhere in January/February where I had to speak in front of future potential exchange students and their parents. I always think that's a lot of fun. They're always amazed about how "good" my danish is! 


Wednesday after school, Signe picked me up and we drove to Bilka, where I bought some danish specialities. When we came home, I packed the last things and then we drove to Billund, because I had to catch a plane to Belgium. Because, yes, I was homehome on Wednesday evening & Thursday, due to a miscommunication with the hospital (nothing serious, no worries). BUT I flew with the tiniest tiny airplane, I think we were 25 people on the plane. I was seriously worried how they were going to mangage to fit my luggage in the plane. 




But on Wednesday evening, a few of my closest friends came over to my house and I made them taste some danish specialities (kanelsnegle, hindbærsnitter, romkugler) of which some they liked, and some they didn't! 
Thursday I was in the hospital for an hour of two and then I went into Brussels to walk around a bit in my city. It was soooo weird, like really. I was so glad to come back to Denmark, because I wasn't ready at. all. to come home for real. Sooo Thursday evening I arrived with the same tiny plane back in Billund where I got picked up by Marianne! 

On Friday we didn't have to go to school, because of a reason I didn't understand, so Kristiane, Karoline and I decided to go to IKEA in Aarhus! We had a great time together. (Jeg bliver ved med at sige "great time", når jeg bare gerne ville sige at det var hyggeligt.)

And this on the side is a picture of me and Karoline (and Kristianes knees) in the car that I don't know how to rotate. So enjoy that. 



Oh yeah, and then there's the story about the fact that I forgot my keys so I couldn't come home... Well, let's forget about that! Let's just thank Karoline and Karolines sister for taking care of me haha! 

This weekend was not that special. Mette and Mathias came over on Friday and left again on Sunday and on Saturday we went to our vacation house to hang out. 

THAT'S ABOUT IT. WOW, this is a master blogpost. So long... 

I hope you enjoyed reading my very exciting life, 
Justine 

P.S.: In case you haven't seen my March video: 


No comments:

Post a Comment