Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The end (uge 45B, 46, 47 & 48) + The YES

It's over. It's done. I have left Denmark and have gone back to my homecountry, Belgium. (Although I'm on vacation in Norway right now). But it is over... I do not live in Denmark any longer... But let's not make this a sad post, I owe you an explanation of what I did in the last 3 weeks!! 

WEEK 45B: YFU presentations

Sooo after Grundlovsdag, which was on June 5th, Marianne, Signe and I went to our vacation house on Saturday where we enjoyed the good weather and the nice company of our aunt and cousins. On Sunday we woke up quite early and make a strawberry cake for the YFU arrangement: 


All the exchange students from my region had to make a presentation/a thing which described and summerized their year abroad. And everyone brought cake. It was a very nice day (with tears of course), but it was nice to see some people back and Lesly and I enjoyed ourselves by taking beautiful pictures: 


When we got back I got picked up by Kristiane because we had to go grocery shopping for the week after!! 

This was my presentation: 




WEEK 46: Canoe-trip and goodbye-party 

Monday morning I met up with some people from my class to drive to Silkeborg, BECAUSE we went on a canoe-trip for 3 days with a lot of people from our class! It was pretty cold the first day, but we sailed from Monday to Wednesday. We stayed at campings in the evenings where we sang at the bonfire and had a great time together. It was very tiring but a lot of fun!! ("JUSTINE, JUSTINE, DU BLIVER NØDT TIL AT HJÆLPE MIG"). Hahaha, I shared a canoe with Kristiane and we laughed soooo much! Here are some pictures: 




I was literally sooo tired (and sunburned) when I got back... Wednesday evening and Thursday I spent together with Nikolaj. 

Friday it was time for my goodbye party!! The weather was sooo good, so I invited my class, made hotdogs and ordered pizza. We sat in the garden all evening long and afterwards we went into town to party:



I spent the weekend watching Orange is The New Black since season 3 had just come out! 

WEEK 47: Working at a school, getting a tattoo & AT-exam

From Monday to Wednesday I worked at a primary school kantine. Well... "Worked". I had to peel carrots, sell snacks to the kids and make sandwiches. It was voluntary work, but I enjoyed it :) It was together with two other exchange students, so we had a good time together. 

On Monday after working at the school, I met up with Karoline and I went to get a tattoo!!! 


This is like a before-during-after picture. I got the chemical molecule "acetylcholine" tattooed on my left arm, right under my elbow. It symbolizes my year in Denmark. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter in the brain that makes it able for you to learn, dream and keep memories. 

On Wednesday I was supposed to start preparing my AT-exam, but I procrastinated soooo much... I even baked a whole cake and went over to Karolines. Well we did do something at Karolines, but it wasn't much. 


On Thursday I had to go to school to get my diploma of being an exchange student at Rødkilde, we took some pictures with the headmaster and got a rose: 



I "graduated" with an average of 9.16, which is very good, so I was very proud ;) Karoline had to do the exam on Thursday and since we had the same project with the same subject, she gave me her papers and I prepared the thing. 
On Friday, I was a bit nervous, but I got in, did the thing and got a 7 ( = a good job). 

Friday evening Mette and Mathias came by and we drove to our vacation house. Mathias and I left again Saturday morning, because I wanted to spend the day with Sascha and the kids. 



We had great weather, so I baked cake and we enjoyed the sun outside. 

In the evening I went to a birthdayparty at Jonathans! I don't remember what I did on Sunday, haha... 

WEEK 48: Givskud & the end

On Monday and Tuesday I worked at the school again. 

Tuesday evening we celebrated Sankt Hans, which is a thing where we burn a witch on a bonfire. We went to a park and took our barbecue and ate there. 





On Wednesday I went to the Zoo with Kristiane and Karoline. We took the car, so we could drive around in the Zoo! We had soooo much fun! We saw all kinds of animals! I made a video of our day in Givskud:




On Thursday I started packing and cleaning up my room. It was sooo hard to take everything down and look at the empty walls. Also emptying my closet and bathroom was terrifying. 

On Friday evening the girls came over and we made lasagna together and afterwards we went into town and partied until we couldn't anymore! 

Saturday I literally just spent cleaning up... And it was such a sad day... Seriously. Every time I put something in my bag I started crying... 

Sunday was the day of my departure. I invited Kristiane, Karoline and Nikolaj over to have a last goodbye and Sascha, Andreas and the kids passed by as well. It was hard to say goodbye to the kids, since they don't understand what's going on, at all. I also had a cry-party with Kristiane and Karoline. We drove by Nikolajs house to drop him off and then we drove to Tommerup, where my life in Denmark ended. Signe, Marianne and I ate some sandwiches together in the YFU house and then we had to say goodbye as well... 



I am so so thankful that they were willing to take me in and keep me for the year. We were a lovely family and I will never forget our moments together. 


The YES

We spent the evening in the YFU house, playing some games and telling stories about our year. The next morning we left for the YES by bus. It was a long bus ride, but we finally arrived in Berlin around 16.00. We were not in Berlin, but a bit outside of Berlin by a lake. At the YES were people from YFU who are from Europe and went on exchange in Europe in 2014-2015. We were there from Monday to Friday. Everyday we did some activities, but we also had a lot of free time to swim in the lake and relax, but most importantly, meet new people! I also enjoyed seeing the other ones from Belgium again. 
The lake was very beautiful in the morning!! 


We also made a "YFU"-picture! Do not try to find me, I'm hiding under a danish flag! 


On Friday we drove from Berlin, over the Netherlands to Belgium where we reunited with our families! 

I miss Denmark so much :( I guess this is the end... 

Love, 

Justine







No comments:

Post a Comment